Sunday, April 12, 2009

We went for a ballet show!

sorry my dear readers!!! it had been quite some time since i last updated, was kind of busy, just came back last thursday from a medical conference in Kiev, Ukraine.

well well, this post is sort of out dated too, but late better than never! >.<
I have probably mentioned before that i 'used to' give an ukrainian girl chinese tuition here, and both her mom and granny are ballet masters, and the granny was choreographing a ballet show named "chinese legend". She needed some chinese words on the front drop, with a dragon drawn, some words to welcome especially the chinese who attend the show. This family really loves chinses :).

I still remembered I just arrived into the Kiev, Ukraine airport that day in late January, just arriving from Oslo that i got her call in asking me to help her in coming out with some nice sentences for her front drop and it was kind of a last minute thing. I promised and came out with this after a night, well, not too perfect, but I think it is fine >.< (my roommate helped out too!)

The premiere show was during end of February, when i was away in armsterdam, hence i didn't make it, luckily there was a repetition in mid-March. I invited a few friends along and promoted to some others, I enjoyed the show very much! and especially excited to see the 2 lines of chinese characters being portrayed up there on the stage! :D
The mom on the extreme right with her little ballet students in front, and the 2nd from the right is the granny playing a role in the show too! :)

Although it was just a very small part of participation in this great performance, it brought back a lot of fond memories during school times when I got to be in the committee organising a grand performance! I think I really like it and miss it. :)

aahhh...I always fantasize of entering the entertainment business >.< ... don't laugh!!!

No comments: