Friday, August 21, 2009

An amateur HO life

well,it was my 2nd day of working life in a general medical ward, 9C in selayang hospital.
i MUST admit that, student's life is nothing as compared to HO life, especially a fresh HO.
I worked from 630 till 2330 today itself =.=
I am given 8 beds of stable patients to be in charge of on my 2nd day itself, it is good coz I will be able to pick up and adapt much faster :) meanwhile, i must be strong and optimistic to persevere through, in addition being in KL alone without the warmth of family and home :( everything is more difficult.
So guys, appreciate your students life if u are still having, especially for juniors back in CSMU >.<
P/S: today itself i already assisted in a resuscitation, unfortunately the patient didn't survive, the scene and atmosphere is not something i look forward to.
I got stressed up too when come to skills in doing the procedures, i think i suck!!! sigh...i need to catch up real quick to be competent!!!
at the same time i have to re-study all my materials again to brush up on my knowledge!!! OMG~ I don't have time and energy for this :(
lastly, who will do my laundy for me pleaseeeeeee...

peace out

8 comments:

Chris said...

Where r u staying noq?

ernloy said...

me now staying in asrama doktor in selayang hosp...damn tiring and stressed...
when u wan to bring me herbal soup??? hahaha

Anonymous said...

The beginning is always tough. Hang on there. You'll be fine soon.

Chris said...

haa... wheneve u free lor.. seems like u very busy wo.

reuben goh said...

Hehe... i heard its just like Ukraine. First impression for about the first month... then after that, they will trust you more and more... and things will get easier...

All the best! Continue blogging!

fufu said...

wow...already back to msia??
me too...just landed 2days ago =p
selayang hospital?? all the best!

Mac Callister said...

goodluck on that.u can do it.

its a challenging job and u have to be good so that nurses and other staffs will respect u.

ernloy said...

thanks D! (see u everyday,hehe)

Chris! yup yup when i free i let u know...

same to u Fufu!!! u will be in KL area or not??? meet up meet up!

Reuby=zoey lenglui??? where are u now???

mac callister!
thx for dropping by!!!come more often :D